Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Bandwagon has Been Joined...

Cue up the trumpets and fan fare its 2014!

And here I am writing my "year in review" post a full 72 hours after everybody else... yay. So as the last of the confetti gets swept away and we all prepare to re-enter the hum-drum of everyday life lets make our collective half-hearted promises or "resolutions". Mine will be 1920x1080...
I apologize, that pun was cheesy and uncalled for (I regret nothing). 
I have been having a hard time coming up with resolutions, and according to the internet I should take either one of multiple paths.
  1. just give up and don't have any, this has the added benefit of letting you mock the readily apparent stupidity of other's plans without being a hypocrite. (I like this one it offers instant reward with minimal effort, with the minor side effect of appearing to be a total jerk)
  2. Go the opposite direction entirely and choose an unrealistic one (for instance joining... and actually GOING TO... a local gym) all the while foolishly posting your decision all over the internet. (bad plan everybody)
  3. choose an easily attainable and seemingly worthless goal that you are certain to reach and can later look back at with a sense of accomplishment... be it somewhat mitigated by the ease of your task. (for instance if I vowed to spend 20 extra minutes a day watching TV, I could do it, but who would be proud of that feat?)
  4. I could actually uphold the original intent of the concept and set a difficult but achievable goal that will make me a better human being and/or teach me a lesson along the way, but who does that anymore?
And with all that in mind I will proceed to promptly ignore it all. Why? because reasons... and stuff, and because if I happen to break a few rules nobody who reads random blogs on Google is going to care, which brings me to my first one.
  • I will try* to post weekly updates on this blog so that those few who actually read this faithfully will at least have something to look forward to when they wander over to this web address occasionally.
  • I will try* to find a bit of emotion** in my daily life aside from the overwhelmingly powerful feeling of "meh, whatever" that currently dictates my writing and leads to such unfiltered rants as this.
  • And finally I will try* to start proof reading my posts rather than sitting down for ten minutes and posting the result, because apparently writers don't just submit the intellectual equivalent of their half chewed food and call it a day (my bad).
* try indicates a concerted effort when I am up to it, and in no way constitutes genuine work or any use of the word for what it was intended 
** emotion includes indifference and in no way commits the author of this blog to actually change anything

So that's all folks, I am deeply sorry if you were hoping for some kind of emotional wrap up or half finished lesson because there is literally nothing in this paragraph but mindless filler I don't even know what I'm saying, wow this is a long run on... are you seriously still reading this? Yeah the post is over, go back to stalking people on Facebook, crawling through your twitter news feed, or whatever the heck it is you do people do. Wait! you're still there? cool (I am taking your silence as a yes) take a second to share and comment you lout. (pretty please... I won't throw baseless insults at you without knowing who you are anymore!I am a changed man I promise)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment telling me what you think!
I cannot wait to interact with you!